What is Community Youth Work?
- identifying the needs of young people in their local community and developing projects to meet those needs
- reaching out to young people in the places where they live, using outreach, detached and centre based activities
- involving young people in the development of new activities
- building good working relationships with statutory, voluntary, community and faith organisations creating opportunities to add value and develop partnership working
- being a good role model that will inspire young people to strive to be the best they can in all aspects of their lives
Community Youth Workers provide leadership and empowerment, mobilising communities to deliver youth work.
Who is part of the Community Youth Work initiative?
This Community Youth Work initiative is a partnership between Horsham Matters and Parish and Neighbourhood Councils in the following areas: